Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DVD Architect question.

Default DVD Architect question.

I edited some video in Vegas 7, rendered it as MPEG-2, and now want to burn it with DVD Architect 4, but when I do it, it wants to re render it all over again, is there any way around this, I do not want to render the video twice! Am I missing something here?

Scott

When you render out of vegas use the 'DVD Architect PAL video stream' template or 'DVD Architect NTSC video stream' depending on which land your in.Render out to 'Best'. (If your footage duration is short you could push up the bitrate here). You will have no audio at this point so now you need to go back and do a second render for audio as AC3 and give it [B]exactly[B][ the same name as the video file.(it will have the extension .ac3 instead of mpg). Architect will marry them automatically.

Ok I have got that part down. But when I start the process, it starts as rendering, so my question is, is it rendering the video again after I just did it in Vegas? Why would it do this, won't it degrade the video quality? If so, why can't you just start the process with the .veg project file so it is only rendered once?

Scott

All its doing is changing from mpeg to vob, Don't wotty its not rerendering unless you have some footage thats not the right format. It will warn you in the dialog box if it needs to render again.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Ok thanks, that answers my question. What threw me off was that when it did what it said was rendering, it took the same amount of time as when I rendered it in Vegas so I figured it was doing it again.

Sorry I some how posted this question twice, once in another part of the forum, my apologies.

Scott

k, so i got to the part where im ready to burn. i get to the spot where it asks for my disk speed and what not, then i click finish. it says "retrieving media info. please wait..." and i let it sit there over night and it still hasnt done anything? can someone please help me?

Blog Entries

That sounds like it's not identifying your DVD disc in the drive correctly. Try a different disc. This occasionally happens to me... I'm never entirely sure if it's the disc or the drive acting up.

hmm, well i tried dvd-rw, dvd-r, dvd+r. still not working

can you post a screen shot?
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

how do i do that? i could take one with the camera. but how do u do it with the comp?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast