Thread: New to Adobe Bundle

Default New to Adobe Bundle

Hi

I am new to Adobe Bundle and I was wondering what is the best software if I want to add graphics and effects to movies like flames etc..

I ll appreciate any help...

Thanks

Well, to add flames you need soem flames first. Do you have some footage to composit?

If you do then, Adobe-wise, After Effects is by far the best tool to composit it into your clip.

If you need to generate some flames then you need some sort of particle system. Again Afetr Effect has some but I don;t know how good it is. Trapcode Particular is a goodparticle plugin for After Effects.

However, for all my particle stuff I use particleIllusion from www. wondertouch.com . It's a stand alone app that will add the particles (flames, dust, smoke etc) over the top and allow you to animate it anyhow you might like.

Ok... I understand now...

But which one is easier to use in the sense that I do not have "learn" something first in order to even start adding effects... Or both require same level of skills...
    I would like to use ParticleIllusion but if its too hard, I dont want to waste time figuring it out...

P.S. I have used Windows Movie Maker in the past.

If it was as easy as you're clearly hoping it will be then we'd all be doing it for a living.

Once you get into the realms of compositting then you should reasonably expect a long learning curve.

Having said that then PI3 has a demo version to play with (not time limited either - it has other restrictions). It's not so hard to use and it;s compositing is not so bad either. You;re best bet by far is to just try it out.