Thread: its burning, its not ,its rejecting discs

Default its burning, its not ,its rejecting discs

im using nero 6 and some times power producer, the problem with nero is its rejecting the discs saying not enough space on disc but i know the film im burning will fit on the disc also it sometimes burns but wont play on dvd player ive tryed 3 different discs an different dvd players to check the discs but still nothing. ive read about when installing a new writer, 1 has to be a slave drive and i could of connected it wrong, could this be causing the problem.. cheers for any advice people could give me :(

Blog Entries

First off, could you confirm what files you are attempting to burn? There is a specific file structure that must be adhered to in order to make a DVD film disc. You cannot unfortunately merely dump video files onto a blank DVD. Apologies if you haven't done this and have infact authored a DVD properly.

i get this problem when trying to copy disc to disc, also when ive converted files to dvd formt, and the disc i am copying from is not original and was done using dvd shrink,

Blog Entries

I think we need to take a step back here. Could you explain the following:

1) What is your source?

2) Break down step by step the process from source to DVD burning

3) What is you make and model of DVD burner?

4) What type and brand of Discs are you using?

5) what is the make and model of you stand alone DVD player?

The answer to the questions will help in trying to get to the route of your problem.

... and remember to close everything down when burning the disk. And I mean everything! even the virus checker. Last thing you want is that waking up half way through the burn, making the PC think about something else. Just make sure you're not connected to the 'net when you turn off the checker though.

Also, when you have answered Marc's questions (or at leats have the answers to hand) then chek on the manufacturere's webs site for your burner that the blanks discs you are using are compatible.

In the meantime, do your testing (until it all starts to work properly) with a rewritable blank disk. It'll save you loads of money, unless you need a new set of coasters

im assuming that you are trying to make a copy of a backup of a copyrighted film? the reason i ask this is because the disc that your trying to copy was made using shrink dvd, this could be why nero wont make a copy of it, what with it being copyright and all that!!

hi thanks for everyones reply, sorry i was not a little clearer in my queation, but the problems solved now ,how did i do it, well i took nero off my pc and am using differnt software now and my writer is running fine now. i know i have not solved the problem with nero and my writer buy hey it works, thanks again for everyones help, much appreciated

ronaldo1