Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: inal Cut Pro question....

Default inal Cut Pro question....

Im reading online and finding out that you can get a MAC OS X installed to your own pc rather than buying the expensive macs.... I look to upgrade my custom built pc for something much better later this summer

My question is, my cpu is a AMD Athlon X2... does final cut pro or final cut studio support the AMD processor? How about the intel processors?
    -Sean
    http://www.Sean-Nelson.com
    intel core2 i7 960
    16GB DDR3
    Radeon HD6850
    Audigy 2 Soundcard
    2 x 24 Inch wide screen LCD Monitor + 30 inch tv.
    TBs and TBs of Storage+ SSD

Blog Entries

I guess that would depend on how clever the emulation is. I understand that xp on a mac via boot camp works very well, so maybe the reverse is true too.... Let us know if you find out as the option of running fcp on a pc would be dead useful.

3. Default

i would take a guess that running high end software through a mac emulator would be very slow... and cause more problems than just using a window based Editor.

if you are willing to buy final cut to be run on a mac emulator (which im sure you are) then why not pay for the real thing?

macs these days are not much more expencive than a well built pc, and i would bet my balls it would last a lot longer too and now they can support xp and OSX at the same time!

i agree, they arnt, especially with the 100 dollar discount for being a student. BUT i have a nice pc and grew up with windows so its almost impossible to get rid of windows altogether.
    -Sean
    http://www.Sean-Nelson.com
    intel core2 i7 960
    16GB DDR3
    Radeon HD6850
    Audigy 2 Soundcard
    2 x 24 Inch wide screen LCD Monitor + 30 inch tv.
    TBs and TBs of Storage+ SSD

Blog Entries

" and i would bet my balls it would last a lot longer too "

Why ?

Carful Koma - the mac cult is getting you

6. Default

from what i have seen macs are way more stable and generally just work.... in my book thats a damn good thing when it comes to video editing and worth a little extra cash.

i am still running pc but would very much love a mac!
    a friend of mine has a mini mac and that is the collest thing i have ever seen - with the exception of the optimus keyboard link -> Optimus Maximus keyboard these are too cool!

If you still want windows opperability, just install it through bootcamp, (or parrallels if you don't want any 3d gaming stuff)

In my experience macs have always been more stable, running linux, windows, and osx, it must be said that windows is the most sketchy, and the biggest pain to look after than the other 2. my macs have always out lasted my windows box's, their performance doesn't become hindered by the rubbish windows cloggs up with, they defrag themselves automatically in the background, the OS is less resource hungry giving your software more memory/CPU ... list goes on, but i'll stop here.

People really don't have much of an argument not to switch to osx these days, the last excuse "but I can't live without my windows software" has just jumped out the window. People are just scared of change.

Blog Entries

Mosh - do you knocking on doors at weekends spreading the word too?

Also, glad to hear the new macintoshers are better built than those cranky G5s....

G5 Coolant Leakage - MacTalk Forums
    Last edited by Mark W; 05-12-2007 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    Mosh - do you knocking on doors at weekends spreading the word too?
    Tuesdays and Fridays for me :-p

I'm not going to deny that sometimes things do go wrong, cos that would just be silly.

I have just converted everything to Mac, I am a pro photographer and video as a second stream, I would now never go back to PC's. I still have a couple at the studio, one running RIP software for the printers and one for the accounts software, as soon as I can get these transferred over to Mac's the better......They are more expensive (and a lot heavier), and yes they have their problems like anything else. but they do generally just work and work and work...

Tried to convert one of your moderators (Alan Mills, friend of mine) at the weekend, he did like it but loves his PC.....

I have as large MacPro system and will buy iMac's for general work around teh office, and they do look cool on the reception desk...(sad I know)...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast