Thread: Whack Em Danno....

Blog Entries

Default Whack Em Danno....

Just a small vid of a friend of mine (Danny Gould) known by us as 'The Wonk', who drums for a band called My Mate Kate. (See them on myspace). He's a great drummer, only 17 and rated (I'm told by him) as one of the top 40 drummers in the UK. He has a knack of making drumming look effortless.

Anyway, just happened to be there while he was having a little bash at a gig in Scarborough recently. Filmed the inserts after and sliced together.

Enjoy (or otherwise) HERE

I clearly know nothing about drumming.

It sounds like he's using drumsticks.

But it looks like he's using.....well, I don't know what he's using! Tickle sticks?

He does make it look easy though...

Blog Entries

He's using brushes Bert.

As a drummer my self- I envy his abilty. Hopefully I will have his skill one day...Or not :(, Well edited/Shot video btw.

Looks good and the drummer is very good, all i would add is that the filter you put on it is very strong, maybe take it back a bit. If theres no filter then i am taking out of my ass again.
    DUDE were's my car
    www.myspace.com/cheapdirt07

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FNG View Post
    Looks good and the drummer is very good, all i would add is that the filter you put on it is very strong, maybe take it back a bit. If theres no filter then i am taking out of my ass again.
    No Filter used. I hadn't set white balance for the red stage lighting either.. which is what gives the colour cast. Just didn't have the time to do it. Switched on and shot. After he finished the solo, I didn't want to change settings for the close ups. At post I decided I quite liked the tint and left it as was.