Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Budget capture card just for PES capture

Default Budget capture card just for PES capture

Hi there,

I'm after a video capture card for one purpose only. To record my Pro Evo Soccer games from my PS2 onto my PCs hard drive so I can post footage on the web later etc.

I know about Virtualdub and how to upload etc as I have done this for a while with my PS2's memory card that you can save replays too.

Now I want to save whole 10 min games.

My PC already has a graphics card so Id rather just get another card to run along side it as opposed to having to sell it to but an all rounder.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of what I need here with a firm emphasis on budget and value for money models. Any help appreciated.

Kola

Post Glad I found Ya

Stumbled onto www.videoforums.co.uk for the first time today looks like someplace I needed to find a while ago.
    Just went from a slow dial up system to at DSL so I don't have to wait several minutes for a picture to arrive

Bump - Anyone else?? A smiley face
    doesn't
    really help out much but thanks

Post mortgage refinance information*

mortgage interest rates* loans best mortgage rates interest rates mortgage calculator loans mortgage rates home mortgage home loan lender Mortgage Refinancing Quotes auto loan calculator [url=http://www.mortgage-refinance-exposed.info] [url=http://www.newmortgage-refinance-exposed.info]

wow, what a helpfull site this is! I don't suppose any of you SpamBots know of a way to help me out here, inbetween spamming of course?

Seriously, is there any 'real' humans post on here??

I think that you might be better off posting your question in a forum more dedicated to Playstation users, to be honest.

I've just spent half an hour Googling on your behalf (sad eh? - but it avoids doing real work) and have come up with some results, largely from postings in other forums.

You could take a look at this: How do i record my online Gaming Footage [Archive] - Official PlayStation Community

I'm certain that similar questions abound in that forum.

To answer the original question about hardware, I'm confident that Hauppage have a solution.

An alternative capture method could be via a DV camcorder, if you have one.

Hey there. Your either a very advaced spambot that can communicate with others or your acctually real

Thanks for your search. I did look to Google myself but theres no recomendations to be seen anywhere.

Thanks for the link and suggestions. What do you think of this DVR for 40?
    Eltax DVR-Tangent DVD Recorder

It looks extremely good value.

Never heard of the make, but if it does what it claims, who cares?

Will you be able to tether the PS2 to it OK? I guess it should do.

If it were me, I'd test it out soon after delivery to see if it does the job. If it didn't I could then return it within 7 working days for a refund under DSR, forfeiting just the return delivery charges. (I'd also retain all packaging until I knew I wanted to keep it.)

The only downside about recording to DVD is that you will be faced with a VOB conversion step after you have copied the files across to your PC. Not a huge problem and, as one of the contributors in the forum posting above alluded to, there may be some quality gains over capturing directly into the PC using an internal PCI card or whatever.

Another benefit is that the PS2 doesn't have to be in the same room as the PC.

Another benefit is that you will have a set-top DVD burner for use as it was originally intended.

Firewire-in too......I am very tempted.

Last edited by Kola; 05-09-2007 at 12:11 PM.

For me, nah - CPU hungry - why make the PC any more complicated than it already is?

You convinced me with the DVD recorder. Is the PS2 under the telly or right next to the PC?

It's cheap though.

Flip a coin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast