Thread: Vegas 7 problem

Default Vegas 7 problem

I just got the Sony Vegas 7 and I have been having problems with avi and hdtv files, the sound is on but there is no picture...
    Is there some plug in for that or similiar thing? Something that won't require a program for converting files?

Thanks in advance.

Nothing should be required, V7 handles HD.

Assuming the track is there for the video and all other bits are fine, then the old Codec is more then likely your problem, unless of course you used V7 to capture.

Quote Originally Posted by Z Cheema View Post
    Nothing should be required, V7 handles HD.

Assuming the track is there for the video and all other bits are fine, then the old Codec is more then likely your problem, unless of course you used V7 to capture.
    Well, maybe there is a problem with the vids... but hardly...
    What else are you suggesting I should do and where can I find the new codec?

This question has been asked on these forums before do a search and find the conclusions.

Have you tried to capture with V7 and does that play OK? the HD file is normally a m2t file and not an AVI, that is normally SD footage.

This question has been asked on these forums before do a search and find the conclusions.

Have you tried to capture with V7 and does that play OK? the HD file is normally a m2t file and not an AVI, that is normally SD footage.
    I searched but I couldn't find any threads with the same problem, maybe I missed something? If there are any I would appretiate if you put a link of it.
    Anyway, I tried to capture it with V7 and pretty much no files are visible to select and import. I'm quite sure that most of the are avi and xvid.

When you capture the files should be in a folder somewhere, you can then drag and drop the files onto the time line. they should then work.
    Capture again and select a folder path you can remember, then when you have finished, locate the folder and then then drag a clips to the time line and see if that works. If there are still no folders make sure you can see the preview during capture and the time code is moving.

try a search with "problems in Vegas" this brings quite a few up including playback issues.

When you capture the files should be in a folder somewhere, you can then drag and drop the files onto the time line. they should then work.
    Capture again and select a folder path you can remember, then when you have finished, locate the folder and then then drag a clips to the time line and see if that works. If there are still no folders make sure you can see the preview during capture and the time code is moving.

try a search with "problems in Vegas" this brings quite a few up including playback issues.
    Now I have located them but when I try to capture them an error occurres while opening it and it says that it's an unsupported format. The files are definetly avi btw. Is this a problem with a version or something like that?

There should be no problems at all, did you capture HD, if so did you use the HD capture utility and not the normal Capture utility, you normally get the option when you decide to capture.

All i can suggest first is to hold either the SHIT or the CTRL key when booting V7 to reset it to its original parameters, or failing that a uninstall and then reinstall, sorry

There should be no problems at all, did you capture HD, if so did you use the HD capture utility and not the normal Capture utility, you normally get the option when you decide to capture.

All i can suggest first is to hold either the SHIT or the CTRL key when booting V7 to reset it to its original parameters, or failing that a uninstall and then reinstall, sorry
    I used the HD capture utility, tryed it all but it still says for the video that the stream attributes could not be determined...
    Btw. I found out that I can play divix but not an xvid, is that normal with vegas?

anyway, thanks for the help so far, it's appretitated!
    Last edited by Shelter; 05-08-2007 at 11:45 PM.