Thread: Preparing for Construction in Kuwait Desert

Default Preparing for Construction in Kuwait Desert

Since leaving scenic Germany 5 months ago, this was the first opportunity to do any camera work since arriving in Kuwait. We are getting ready to build a new high-power radio transmitter site out in the Kuwait Desert. Last week I filmed some of the site preparation work like surveying, geotechnical analysis, and unexploded ordnance clearing. Yesterday I downloaded the tape to prepare a progress report and discovered, horror of horrors, the camera's internal microphone had been switched off and I had absolutely no natural background sound or dialogue on an hour's worth of tape.

My first response was [expletives deleted]! Then, I figured I would get something out of all that work. What I got is only 3:30 long. So, turn up your speakers and check out this .

All I hear is Radio Farda XX Radio Farda XX Sorry couldn't resist!
    Great work and an apt music track over the top of the video and with the exception of a few iffy zooms, nice camera work too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    All I hear is Radio Farda XX Radio Farda XX Sorry couldn't resist!
    Great work and an apt music track over the top of the video and with the exception of a few iffy zooms, nice camera work too.
    One of those "iffy zooms" (the one where the screen zooms in on some war debris) was actually done with the Sony Vegas Editor, using its "pan-crop" feature.