Thread: Editing out blemishes and hiding faces?

Default Editing out blemishes and hiding faces?

I'm new to video editing. With my still photos, I can use Photoshop to edit out skin blemishes and "blank out" a face that shouldn't show in my photos. Is there a way to do that with video also, since the picture is constantly moving? If this is possible, what software would you recommend I buy?

This can be done in adobe premiere or any editing software that accepts transparency in a video layer.

You sound like you understand photoshop so the simplest thing to do is create a light grey oval on a transparent layer and save that out as a .psd

Add this in to your video clip, blur it, scale it and adjust the transparency so maybe the outline of the face is there but no features, then create keyframes (these are points that tell premiere to have this mask in this position at this tme) to have it move with the face you are trying to mask. It actually sounds more difficult than it really is.

This is not the only way but definately the simplest for a beginner.
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

Smile Thanks!

I got a similar reply on the Adobe forums, so I guess that's the consensus..... thank you for your help!

But to remove or clean up blemishes I would recommend Adobe After Affects. It contains a nice function called "The Clone Tool". Sound familiar?