Thread: Adding extra (non video) content to DVD in Encore

Default Adding extra (non video) content to DVD in Encore

I've been asked if I can enclose additional PDF files on a DVD I'm making. I'm using Adobe Encore 2 and I cant see anything in the help file about it...perhaps its just a case of the "search phrase" I'm using not making sense...has happened in the past...lol

So does anyone know how to add a folder or additional data files that can be accessed on a PC or laptop...yet you can still watch it as a normal DVD on your TV or PC.

Thanks

Torby

Quote Originally Posted by torby View Post
    I've been asked if I can enclose additional PDF files on a DVD I'm making. I'm using Adobe Encore 2 and I cant see anything in the help file about it...perhaps its just a case of the "search phrase" I'm using not making sense...has happened in the past...lol

So does anyone know how to add a folder or additional data files that can be accessed on a PC or laptop...yet you can still watch it as a normal DVD on your TV or PC.

Thanks

Torby
    There def is an option for this. It's notin front of me and I've never used it (I always do it a different way) but from memory...

Look in the project or disk tab. i.e. the place where you can check your project and check disk size. There is an option there to specify a directory of DVD-ROM content for you rproject.

As I say though, I've never used it. I tend to build my DVD as a DVD folder image, producing a VIDEO_TS directory somewhere ono my HDD and then use Nero to do my burn. At time of burn I simply drag and drop the VIDEO_TS directory to the files panel along with any DVD-ROM content I want. Always worked like a charm.

Thanks for that tip Alan, much appreciated...I went back into the help files and searched again...and low and behold ...it is there...."add cd Rom content" I think it was....problem solved...I think I will do it all in Encore though as I would be wary that someone asks me to "add some content" and it turns out to be bigger than I expected...at least Encore should do all the transcoding to fill the available space (he said with his fingers crossed behind his back...lol) although adding it during the "burn" means if the project was already completed in Encore....stuff could be added retrospectively