Thread: Twixtor & Fieldskit help please!

Default Twixtor & Fieldskit help please!

Hi, Im struggling with the basic order-of-operations when it comes to using these two plug-ins together. Ive created a video with many slowmotion clips of fast moving cars. Ive got twixtor tuned pretty close to what I want but it didnt look like what I thought it could so I got Fieldskit to de-interlace before twixtor does its magic.

What Im not understanding is the order of applying the two plug-ins and what should be done between.

I already created the entire project with clips before I even heard of these two plug-ins and now I want to add them in. What should the fields be set to when starting the project? I have it set to lower fields first for the entire project and each clip set to none. Is this correct?

Do I need to apply Fieldskit de-interlacer and then export the clip or can I apply both plug-ins to a clip and then render........
    Ugh Im lost and I have not found a real tutorial that helps, even the one that came with Twixtor. They all assume you know this information and unfortunately I dont:(

Bournemouth, UK

I would deinterlace the clips first and then apply the slo-mo.

Both slo-mo and resizing have horrible effects on interlaced footage.

I know nothing about fieldskit but try deinterlacing and exporting a short clip and then import it in to the a new sequence add the slo-mo and export then just export a clip with both applied and compare results.
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production