What I am doing right now - painfully manually - with 'track motion' is this:
- shoot a track of s character in a 3d world
- create a track of the face only with a green screen
- animate that face in another application
- bring that face back into vegas on another track
- chroma key so that face is ON TOP of the original
as the character moves around in the first shot, i use track motion to create keyframes to line up the head of the newly imported one with the old head. it's a painful and time consuming process -
does anyone know of a automatic motion tracking method to do this? i have seen a plugin called BORIS FX but for the life of me coulnd't get the demo to do what i wanted - anyone have a tip to save me years of my life and some hair?