Thread: Dazzle Fusion - Analogue-2-Digital Convertor

Default Dazzle Fusion - Analogue-2-Digital Convertor

My new rig should be turning up in a few days. Because it will have a video capture card built into it I will likely find myself no longer needing my A2D convertor box.

It is a Dazzle Fusion, bought just before Xmas 2003 as a pressie to myself for 50 and has only been used to capture about 6 hours of VHS tape.

Boxed with all manuals, leads and s/w.

It also act as a multi card reader. Full details available at http://www.pinnaclesys.com/ProductPa...29&Langue_ID=2

If anyone thinks they might be interested then sensible offers at this forum please.

Alan

Hi

I'm still a learner at this video editing lark and am looking to transfer VHS tapes to DVD.

What's the difference between the Dazzle Fusion and the DVC 80? Does the Fusion capture in the correct MPEG2 format for DVD?

Is it still for sale?

Alan C

The Fusion does not (as far as I could tell) encode to MPEG2 in real time. I only ever capture to AVI files and then imported those into Premiere for editing.

Check the specs out at http://www.dazzle.com where you can compare the two products. The blurb does talk about saving your movies as MPEG2 but that is referring to expoerting from the editing s/w provided and not capture from your analogue source.

The most obvious difference between the two is the fact that the Fusion is also a multi card reader as well as an A2D convertor. Other than that I suspect they are the same product.

I have one other interested party at the moment. Namely my brother who might want to make use of it. He's dithering a bit but I'll chase him up in case you come back with an offer. Also, I've got a new A2D device now in my new PC but haven't actually tried it. I suppose I should prove it works before I sell the other kit on eh?

Other words of wisdom on the subject. Although it is listed as compatible with USB1 and 2 I only ever plugged it into a USB2 port so I can't vouch for any quality when on a USB1 port.

Interesting that Amazon have put the price up by 14 since I last looked!!!

Now gone

Hope you gave your brother a good price
    COMPAQ something or other with 500Gb Boot Disk, 1Tb external Firewire Disk, 4Gb Memory and a super duper sound card, 19" TFT Monitor etc etc etc
    Sony TRV33e : Sony TRV310e : Canon XM2
    Sony Vegas Studio editions to v11

Remember, there is always more to learn than there is to teach.

Quote Originally Posted by purejammy
    Hope you gave your brother a good price
    It's on permanent loan. But it did give home a good thrashing at golf last week

Millsy, you've changed your avatar! What am I going to do now with my impression of you ( )

Darn!
    COMPAQ something or other with 500Gb Boot Disk, 1Tb external Firewire Disk, 4Gb Memory and a super duper sound card, 19" TFT Monitor etc etc etc
    Sony TRV33e : Sony TRV310e : Canon XM2
    Sony Vegas Studio editions to v11

Remember, there is always more to learn than there is to teach.