Thread: Can't find a driver for USB cable ( NV-GS17 camcorder )

Default Can't find a driver for USB cable ( NV-GS17 camcorder )

hiya

I've bought panasonic NV-GS17 camcorder and problem is that package didn't include any software.

1)
    Anyways, I'm running Windows 2000 and in order to connect camcorder with my PC via USC cable, I need to install USB driver, but I can't find it. Can you offer me some help?
    BTW - I know one could use firewire instead of USB, but my PC doesn't support it.

2)
    Manual also instructs to install Video stream driver, but it doesn't specify which one ( I'm assuming there are lots of different video stream drivers ).

3)
    And finally, can you recommend me a good, easy to use, and most importantly free video editing tool? Manual recommends MotionDV studio, but since it wasn't included in a package and I'm a bit short on money, I would need a good alternative

thank you

HI like you im new to this, i have just been on the USB site and im sure you can down load the drivers there. Windows Movie maker is free but wont work with my sony HDD. Hope this helps colin.

Quote Originally Posted by beginner16 View Post
    BTW - I know one could use firewire instead of USB, but my PC doesn't support it.
    Then please, make your PC support it. Get a firewire card. They are very cheap. Firewire transfer of footage from miniDV cameras is the ONLY way you should do it. Please, please don't use USB, or you will forever be posting questions to forums

You will not need a 'video stream driver' (whatever that is) if you transfer by firewire.

The best free editor to use is the one you find easiest. There are not many choices. Windows Moviemaker and Avid Free DV are free.

PS. Don't use USB.