Thread: Make Movie problem with Studio 9

Default Make Movie problem with Studio 9

Hi,

been using Studio 9 for three years now and had no problems but have now come across one. I use Pinnacle for Media Studies school and get kids to capture and edit video projects. Three have tranferred back to the camera perfectly but another 3 have had a problem:
    When I click create a grey box pops up asking me to insert a tape named (whatever - this varies). And various other timecode related stuff. The time bar shifts to a various point in the project and ask me to cue the tape to the frame.
    In some cases this cannot be done as kids have taped over relevant parts.

The project runs in Pinnacle but I am desperate to get it out of there as I need to send it off to examiners on VHS orDVD format.
    Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems likely they imported the original footage at preview quality. This saves disc space, but to render the final film you need to connect the camcorder and original tape back to the computer so the project can import just the clips it needs at the proper quality.

If that is so, and they have recorded over the original footage I don't know of a solution.

Gillian
    Win XP, Athlon 1.8, G force 3 T, 1 60gig drive + 1 250 gig, Pinnacle Studio 9 plus mostly, Premiere 6, and Vegas 5 sometimes, Soundforge, Cool Edit.