Thread: Don't Turn Around

Default Don't Turn Around

And now another video this time a music video My friend came down from NY and he is an up and coming rapper named Sadot and my other friend made the beat.
    Come and enjoy
    We are ready to shock the world

Very nice, I'm not going to comment on the rapping due to not liking any rap, no offense. You definitly have a nack for music videos. I did not care for the up and down jittery motion, I thought it would look better with out that part. I see your incorperating After Effects, nicely done. I'm just getting into AE myself, I'll have to hit you up for pointers later. As a side note Bret Ratner started out doing music videos. Was the old school scratched film effects AE also?
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Yeah that was from a plugin i got called Magic Bullet i believe they have an article about it on this forum too but magic bullet does the damaged film effect and also look suite which gives the videos a film like look. The only down fall is its long render time but oh well

Thumbs up

Nice job, but as above about the jittery bit.

The vignette seemed a bit heavy. It's always hard to judge things like that with youtube.
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

Personally don't like rap but- I think this video exceeds videos I've seen on MTV. I think you deff should get into this business. You've used such a simple idea and turned it into a pro looking thing
    lots of gold stars!

I did llike the look of the clip, some of the effects you used were givin it an extra touch but sometimes I found it a bit too much. At one minute the whole clip started shaking which was quite annoying, think you can use it but just very short. At 1:48 you switch to another effect and the same on 3:37 and there my opinion is that you go wrong, it looks like effects have been used just because they look cool but you allways should use them sparingly. Too much in this case gives it a more amateur look while using them well balanced your clip would easily fit between other mtv clips. The vignette was sometimes a bit heavy as well.

very good job man i enjoyed it, i liked the way the text "dont turn around" came in.

keep it up!!

Thanks guys i appreciate the advice noa it did seem alot but then again it didn't so to me i was in the middle. And my friends who made it for loved it so hey whacha gonna do.