Thread: adobe premiere pro 2

Default adobe premiere pro 2

hi you all, i just cant make the "transparent video" tool for premiere pro to work, i put in there any effect and it doesn affect the below layers... does any figure it out how it works?

cya!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JUANOXX View Post
    hi you all, i just cant make the "transparent video" tool for premiere pro to work,
    I have to confess that I'm not familiar with any 'transparent video' tool in Premiere Pro.
    i put in there any effect and it doesn affect the below layers... does any figure it out how it works?
    If I undertsand you righ it sounds like you have multiple layers of video and are applying an effect to the top layer and wondering why it doesn't affect the layers below.

Effects will only ever affect the layer they are applied to. You would need to apply the same effect to each layer. But possibly what you want is to apply an effect to the 'results' of your multi layer clip. This is easy enough if not obvious.

You have sequence 1 with your multui layers on - all nicely editted.

Start a new sequence and drag and drop sequence one into it just like any other piece of footage. You can now apply a single effect to it as though it were a single clip.

Hope this helps.

I wonder does he mean adjusting the opacity (transparancy) level so you can see the video beneath?

Just a thought

Good thought. maybe our original poster can enllighten us on what exactly it is he wants to do.

Default yes

hi you all, well, i was reading about the new tool in adobe premier por 2, called transparent video FILE/NEW/TRANSPARENT VIDEO. It supposed to create a clip that you just put over all other layers and you just drop effects over it, and it affect all layer under ....

thx

Like the ajustment layers in After Effects, for those who have experiance in AE, I would imagine...

hi you all, well, i was reading about the new tool in adobe premier por 2, called transparent video FILE/NEW/TRANSPARENT VIDEO. It supposed to create a clip that you just put over all other layers and you just drop effects over it, and it affect all layer under ....

thx
    Aah, now I get you. I've never used this tbh. It's a mechanism to apply certain effects across multiple clips at the same time. Comign up from previous versions of Premier pro I still tend to nest sequences for this type of work.

If you create this new 'layer' and applyt an effect to it then the effect will only ever apply to thelayer it is attached to so will never affect the layers underneath. Sorry.

This feature is good to create a timecode across your entire sequnce, i.e. for an effect that will generate an effect.

Default yes

ic now, thanks really!!! nested... that is the way by now...