Thread: Capturing DV problem...

Cool Capturing DV problem...

I've tried searching before posting. No one seems to be having this problem but me and a buddy of mine. I have Sony Vegas 7.0d and am using a Cannon miniDV camcorder. When I try capturing it captures only about 30 seconds of video/audio then stops, but tape keeps playing. I tried defragging HDD. I've captured with this camcorder before using nero and windows movie maker its worked. Now I cant capture with anything it freezes. PLEASE HELP! I'm not using analog its digital. My OS is Win XP Pro.
    Last edited by fg22136p; 04-26-2007 at 06:13 PM.

Can you give a little more info, how full is your HardDrive? Are you saving to a small partition? Dose it crash to windows or reboot? Did vegas capture fine befor or is this your first try? The more info we have the better "Guess" we can give.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

I have 40 GB free on my drive. Its not partitioned. Windows does not reboot or freeze. It only captures about 30 seconds then nothing else. I have 1.5 GB of RAM inside.

Blog Entries

Just to be sure..... you're not trying to capture via USB are you? If so, cut the cable into one inch strips, chuck it in the bin and use firewire instead.

Im capturing via firewire. I've captured before using nero vision. But all of a sudden I can not capture using any program it just captures a few seconds worth. Thanks.

Had a similar problem with a HDD, I reformatted it and it worked for a while and then stopped after a short time on any capture, in the end it was a faulty drive and had it replaced.