Thread: Any help would be appreciated... :)

Default Any help would be appreciated... :)

So I have a copy of Premier 6.0 and ovver the last couple of weeks, I have been taking clips from one of my favorite animes to make a mixed video. I've now gone through all 25 episodes of it, and have roughly 24 minutes of video that I am going to have to sort and trim down to a five minute song.

(To get a feel for what Im trying to accomplish here, you can download the clip I saved when I had finished just a few espisodes, note that this is not set to the music properly, its just the random clips with the songs I plan on using..)

So now that I have all the clips saved... Im in the process of sorting them. I have never used Premier before, and I most likely am not doing this the most effecient way. Im simply dragging clips into different video timelines (Video 1, Video 1A and so on) and will put them in the main video timeline when I need them.

I guess my biggest question is if there is a way to put markers on my song track. I hope to do a lot of on the beat stuff, or quick changes with the quick beats.

Any help or pointers would be wonderful! Thank you!

Put your insertion point or edit point on the part where the "beat" kicks in or where you want to, then right click. one of the things you see from the little menu you get has to do with point markers. it will expand, and you can choose a marker.

hope that helps
    Frank Sinatra - \"Thats Life, Biatch\"

Thank you! Ill check it out tonight.

anytime man, that was quite a fast response haha
    Frank Sinatra - \"Thats Life, Biatch\"

When I want to put stuff to the beat, I usually zoom right in and open up the audio tracks. You should then be able to see the waveforms. If you watch the clip, you should quickly be able to see where the beats are in the waveforms. Position the edit line directly over where the beat is and stick in a clip marker. Work out a sufficient number of beats to work with (e.g. 4 beats - 16 beats etc). and stick a clip marker at each of these points. Depending on whether you just want cuts on the beat, or whether you actually want movement in the video to be on the beat, you either just place your cuts at the clip markers - or if you want movement on the beat (e.g. I've used this for video of people dancing on different occasions, but wanted it to all be in time to the one song) then you will have to go through the video clip and place clip markers on where you want the beat to lie. Then line up the first clip marker on the video clip to the relevant clip marker on the audio. Use the rate stretch tool until all the clip markers line up.

Voila!!!
    The saying \"always back up your work\" applies to video aswell!!

Very helpful! Thank you!