Thread: Help with exporting. Expert advise please.

Default Help with exporting. Expert advise please.

Hi, Im new here and I have a few questions about exporting in Premiere Pro.
    Ive been reading as much as I can find online about getting high quality video during export and I seem to be hitting a brick wall. I was told that I should preprocess my video (from what I gather, that means to export it uncompressed) then encode that new uncompressed video in premiere. Ive also been told that more keyframes will give better quality video. Im using Adobe Media Encoder and no matter what I press or adjust, the quality never seems to get better. Are there any good tutorials out there for encoding/exporting or for Adobe Media Encoder?
    File size is not as important as good quality right now but I dont want to end up with a 100 meg 1.5 minute video...
    I feel like im just blindly adjusting things with no real idea what they do!
    Heres a link to a video I made, as you can see, the slow motions are aweful and I want to correct that.

http://rcuvideos.com/item/J8X4R0CKK5KG7RCY

I haven't watched the video (at least not yet!) but it sounds like you are doing slo motion work in Premiere pro. if you are then be advised that you will never get good results unless you have the new CS3 version or have a suitable plugin (Twixtor?) doing it for you. Built in slo-mo functionalilty is one of the failings of Premiere pro.

As to quality. Well, it's always a trade-off and acceptable quality depends entirely on how you are delivering your movie. Web, DVD etc!

I spoke with a friend who has Twixtor with Premiere Pro. If I open my project on his rig, can I use twixtor to "fix" the slo motion issues or do I have to start from scratch?

Twixtor is a plugin. To use it you need it installed. Currentl.y you don;t have it so haven't used it - obviously.

So once you open your project ona system with Twixtor then nothing will change. If you then use twixtor in that project you will always need twixtor installed to open the project (successfully).

You will need to redo your slo-mo from the beginning to use twixtor.

What you could do si do the slo-mo section on your friends editing rig. Export it out as DV AVI and transfer it acroiss to your own rig. OPnce you do that then it;s just another video asset and you can use it as much as you like on your own PC.