Thread: MAC problems

Default MAC problems

Hi guys i just bought a JVC everio GZ-MG135. its a 30gb harddrive model. I cant get it to work on the macbook laptop. I cant put it on any of the macs programs. please i need help. Thanks

This kind of camcorder is usually connected by using the USB connection and should be picked up by your software with no problems. Then again, if that doesn't work you may have to install the software that came on CD with the camcorder and use it to do your capturing. The quality of these camcorders isn't as good as Mini DV as they use a version of MPEG which compresses the video quality much more than what DV AVI does. What editing software do you have?

Thankyou for the reply Niko. I finally got it to work. The problem was they dont ship mac software with the camcorder, only windows. So in order for me to watch the video,edit ect i had to convert the video to DV. So i downloaded Drop2DV for free. Now i can finally work on my movies. Oh and i have final cut pro, yet i still dont know how to use it properly lol. Thanks again

No software for the Mac, I didn't know that, I'm surprised at hearing that. Glad to hear you got the problem sorted out anyway, is that drop2dv only available for the Mac or is there a PC version aswell? Final Cut Pro... sweeeeeet!