Thread: Possible ram problem

Default Possible ram problem

A while ago I got a new motherboard and processor, The motherboard says ddr400 (there are no jumpers to adjust this), and the processor needs ddr400. I was told I could run my ddr333 ram on it.

I did for a few months with no problems and knowing that I needed extra ram anyway. The other day I replaced it with ddr400 ram.

Before I changed, I ran a ram check on Linux to find my ddr333 ram was running at 327Mhz. No worries, I know that they just make the ram and check it before deciding what to sell it as.

Now when I checked my new ddr400 ram, it says it's running at 167Mhz.

I got a program called Aida32 to check out my system. under the motherboard properties it gives me the information that the front side bus has both a 200Mhz real clock and effective clock.

It says the Memory bus properties has a real clock of 167Mhz and an effective clock of 333Mhz and if I over-clock my processor this raises a bit. The bandwidth is 2667 MB/s if that makes a difference?

I don't really know much about this stuff, could anyone explain if this is correctable to me? If any more info is need that I can get from Aida I can get it.

Post Cheap Cigarettes

Dear members, stocks a large range of discount cigarettes - brands made famous locally as well as internationally. Browse our site to see the huge savings that can be made by shopping online at Shipment now is carried out during 24 hours the after entering by you of the order. We accept ALL MAJOR CREDIT CARDS ONLINE. Tobacco Wizard Store - Buy cheap and discount cigarettes online - Home