Thread: export results incorrect

Default export results incorrect

hi everybody,

small problem i cant relsolve. basically i have imported a video file thats 320 x 240 and about 15 seconds long. i imported a mp3 track to be the music source for the exported file.. when it's finished exporting the clip it appears in a small square box with the rest of the video size in black.i set the video size to be 720 x 576 so i don't understand why its not showing in full screen.please advise..

regards

Quote Originally Posted by finansa View Post
    hi everybody,

small problem i cant relsolve. basically i have imported a video file thats 320 x 240 and about 15 seconds long. i imported a mp3 track to be the music source for the exported file.. when it's finished exporting the clip it appears in a small square box with the rest of the video size in black.i set the video size to be 720 x 576 so i don't understand why its not showing in full screen.please advise..

regards
    There's nothing wrong with what you are getting. It is after all, what you asked for if not what you want. I'll explain.

You have defined your final video clip to be 720x576 (standard PAL res) and have placed on it a video clip with dimensions of 320x240. Needless to say this is much smaller than your 'canvas' and so you get your clip in the middle surrounded by a black border.

You have two options ahead of you.

You can either defined your 'canvas' to be 320x240 the same as your clip being imported and you'll get a final clip of thew same size as your source material - which is generally a good idea.

Or you could digitally zoom your small clip to fill your working 'canvas'. this will work but digitally zooming a clip with lose quality and may look pixellated.

i like the responce hehe.. i look silly now. how can i expect the program to output the video at 720 x 576 with no borders with a 320x240 video clip file.. the output video size was correct but because the video isn't 720 x 576 it won't come out bigger.. thank you