Thread: Help with Cannon camera.

Default Help with Cannon camera.

Hi
    I have a Cannon ZR 45 MC digital video camera. On it there is a photo button that you can push and it takes a photo for six seconds and puts it on the tape. Does anyone know of a way that I can change that six seconds to a different time? I want to make a stop motion without recording on a memory card, i want to record on the tape in small amounts of time, using the photo button
    Any advice helps!
    thank you

I have a much older Canon that has the same feature. It will not allow me to adjust the 6 seconds default duration either. I'm pretty certain that the ZR45MC will not allow adjustment either.
    Last edited by bert6280; 04-19-2007 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Bert should learn to read

respectfully, this seems an odd way of going about stop motion.

I would use a digital still camera. A half decent memory card at video resolutions will fit hundreds if not thousands of images on a single card and number them sequentially.

I use Adobe s/w and if I attempt to import 'My_Picture_0001' as an asset and the s/w detects 0001 to 9999 then I have the option to import the images not as a set of distinct images but as a single movie clip asset for editting.

of course, I've no idea how you might deal with a break in the sequence if you get a bad shot that needed repeating though.

Just thinking out loud.

Well my idea was that I could store a lot more frames on a tape than on a memory card. If I got a bad frame, I would just cut it out using a video editor, trimming the clip. I guess I would use a digital camera, the only problem is that i have a 256 MB card and it probably can only store a couple hundred. I guess that is better than nothing but I wanted to not have to keep putting the pics on the computer in the middle.
    Welp thanks for your thoughts!

Post Wightig!

Hllo, High-Quality Teens Hardcore SEX Movies: xxx-kostenlos.info

Quote Originally Posted by FryMaster8 View Post
    Well my idea was that I could store a lot more frames on a tape than on a memory card. If I got a bad frame, I would just cut it out using a video editor, trimming the clip. I guess I would use a digital camera, the only problem is that i have a 256 MB card and it probably can only store a couple hundred. I guess that is better than nothing but I wanted to not have to keep putting the pics on the computer in the middle.
    Welp thanks for your thoughts!
    Ah ha. That's what i meant by 'half decent' memory card. 256Mb must be coinsidered very small by today's standards. get yourself something 2 or 4 Gb. Image quality will go up and you'll be able to get weeks worth of stop motion work (at AArdman rates) on one card.

NBut basically, I'm an old fashioned guy i reckon. Use a video camera for video and a still camera for stills. I would consider stop-motion to be a series of still pieced together in post-production.

Just my 2p

I agree with Alan, the memory card route would be much easier (and cheaper in the long run if you plan on making more), although whilst I was at college I did make animations the same way, importing the video clips then speeding cropping them to 2 frames per clip on the timeline.

moshlight

very old! I made it one evening just after some friends and I devised the name "Mosh Productions" for our non coursework work. also flash animation with sound sync issues (was all made quite some time ago!), and I didn't use the remote control to take the stills, which is a must! (hence shaking image)