Thread: a little trouble with 16:9

Default a little trouble with 16:9

ive made may 16:9 dvds and they only play 16:9 on one tv in my house and the other few tvs are newer tvs. at first i thought maybe its the tv, but i began to think that i might be doing something wrong witht the format...anybody know? (premiere pro 2.0)

It's nto the TV but the DVD player connected to the TV.

Clearly, if the DVD you've cut plays fine on one TV then the disk is ok. It must be.

So you have a DVD designed and built with a widescreen production on it haven't you?

DVD players have picture settings and you simply need to select the correct sxetting based on DVD content and type of TV being played on. So assuming you have you DVD with widescreen content set the DVD option as follows:

16:9 - Use for widescreen TV only and then the TV must be set to automatically stretch the pixels.
    Pan and Scan - Will take your widescreen producxtion and chop off the edges to play it on a 4:3 TV. Not sure if the TV needs special setting salso here as I;ve never used it.
    Letterbox - Use this when playing a widescreen production on a 4:3 Tv. It letterboxes (never!) the entire image and displays on the TV so you have black bars top and bottom.

If you end up with a 4:3 image squidged up then this means the DVD player is likely in 16:9 mode and the TV simp,ly can't accomodate it so change one or the other.

Hope this helps.

thanks man everythings good now!