Thread: Cant export movie. (Disk Full?)

Angry Cant export movie. (Disk Full?)

I have a movie that is 2 minutes and 56 seconds long. I export it as a DV AVI (PAL) widescreen. I have 11gb free space on my C:\ drive. So i export it there, about half way through exporting it says 'An error occured while making the movie. Error writing file (disk full?)'

I can't seem to export it in any way. This hasn't happened with any of my other projects. The movie cant be and bigger than 11gb when its only 2 minutes long. Is there something i'm doing wrong here?

I have tried exporting all of my drives. C:\ (NTFS) D:\ (NTFS) and F:\ (FAT32) but still at about half way through it stops and has the same error message.

I have tried other projects and they work fine. It just seems to be this one. What shall i do?

I can export up to 1311 frames. But after that, on 1312 it has the error message.
    Last edited by zap805; 04-16-2007 at 12:31 PM.

you try different codecs?

Ive had this problem before as well too, never found out why, and cant remember what I did to get my movie, i think it may of been my HD failing,

Red face

I got it working. I changed something which i can't remember. It took longer to render, but it was a decent quality. I will need to do it again some time as the video is still updating.

Quote Originally Posted by zap805 View Post
    I have a movie that is 2 minutes and 56 seconds long. I export it as a DV AVI (PAL) widescreen. I have 11gb free space on my C:\ drive. So i export it there, about half way through exporting it says 'An error occured while making the movie. Error writing file (disk full?)'

I can't seem to export it in any way. This hasn't happened with any of my other projects. The movie cant be and bigger than 11gb when its only 2 minutes long. Is there something i'm doing wrong here?

I have tried exporting all of my drives. C:\ (NTFS) D:\ (NTFS) and F:\ (FAT32) but still at about half way through it stops and has the same error message.

I have tried other projects and they work fine. It just seems to be this one. What shall i do?

I can export up to 1311 frames. But after that, on 1312 it has the error message.
    Glad you got things sorted b ut here's a couple fo snippets of advice based on what you said...

You're exporetinmg to your C drive right? In general videographers will keep their C drive for s/w and OS installation only and ALWAYS use a differnt physical; hard drive fpor project and video work. So exproting to your C drive is not genara;lly considered a good thing.

Also, I notice your F drive is FAT32. As such this drive is as good as useless for any video work. whatsoever. As soon as you can I recommend you back up everything on it and reformat it to NTFS so it can be used properly.

Also, having 11 Gb free is not very much at all in video terms. It will not even store an hour of footage let alone let you edit it. I also thingk that for any modern PC 11Gb free on your drive will be something like 5% free. Not nearly enough for good disk management. Don;t knwo what 'official' figures might be but def aim to keep 30% free all the time for performance. Can anyone correct this with a defintive %???