Thread: HELP with something seemingly very simple!

Angry HELP with something seemingly very simple!

Ok, I know this is very simple. But I've been trying everything I can think of for over an hour and still nothing.

I'm using Adobe Premier 6.0.

On video 1 I have a video. I imported a small video into Video 2.

Now, I want the small video 2 to be half transparent and show up just as a "ghost" clip for a few seconds.

So I did all that, and clicked on video 2's transparency options. And adjusted Threshold and Cutoff values. And in the little preview window (in the transparency window) I can see BOTH videos and what they'll look like together. OK, cool. So I click OK.

Then in the main window everything looks cool until I click PLAY and All I see is video one. It passes right over my Video 2 and you can't see it.

Why is this happening??? I went in over and over again to Video 2's tranparency options and did everything. And each time, I cant see the video. Why. I'm getting very frustruated at this small little simple thing.

I'm a Windows Movie Maker pro. So this new video editing Adobe Premier crap that I"m not used to is frustruating the shit out of me.

Please! What am I doing wrong?!?!

I think you just need to render the piece before it will play correctly - hit enter, after bringing the 'work area' bar across the top. It will then play, showing your partially transparent clip on v2.

To preview it without rendering, press alt while scrubbing the timeline, which should give a good indication of how the two video tracks will look when rendered.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony A View Post
    I think you just need to render the piece before it will play correctly - hit enter, after bringing the 'work area' bar across the top. It will then play, showing your partially transparent clip on v2.

To preview it without rendering, press alt while scrubbing the timeline, which should give a good indication of how the two video tracks will look when rendered.
    Excellent! Thank you very much. I thought it might have something to do with rendering or something. And I love the quick way of previewing it the alt way! Thank you, I got it figured out now.

a few years back i was using premeire 6.0 and it pissed me off so much that i had to render everything before i could see how it looks. even transitions

Yea, I think I'm beginning to agree with you on that. It IS getting very time consuming and aggravating. I think it's time for a well over due update. Any suggestions on good, easier software that isn't rediculously advanced or old skool?

Quote Originally Posted by UglyNoise17 View Post
    a few years back i was using premeire 6.0 and it pissed me off so much that i had to render everything before i could see how it looks. even transitions
    I thought all NLEs work that way. More modern ones are just better at hiding the 'render' though.

Cool Video finally done! Premier 6 is frustruating!

Thanks a lot you guys for all your help. If ya wanna see the video I was talking about you can see it here!
    It's FINALLY done!

Thanks again!