Thread: Digital Map

Default Digital Map

Hi,
    I've seen an effect on films where when people travel it shows an animation where a red line, or a plane or pointer ect. follows along the map until it reaches the current location. Does anyone know how to do this? I have the Adobe Production Premium package so i have access to all that software, and i can get more if needed.

Any help would be apreciated.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andybrownjs04 View Post
    Hi,
    I've seen an effect on films where when people travel it shows an animation where a red line, or a plane or pointer ect. follows along the map until it reaches the current location. Does anyone know how to do this? I have the Adobe Production Premium package so i have access to all that software, and i can get more if needed.

Thanks
    this question has come up before in the forums. Do a search for it. I have soem ideas (not havign attempoted it myself) and can't remember whether an actual defintiive solution has been offered yet. from the s/w you've quoted it's a job for After Effects I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by andybrownjs04 View Post
    Hi,

Thanks
    Create a path along your route using the pen tool, then apply the stroke effect and keyframe the start/end position.
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production

4. Default

Or take the frame you want to animate, add the animation to the same frame in whatever program you want - even paint will work - then add a slide transition between the two to make the line 'appear'. You may need to muck about with the transition to get it to appear correctly. This is the answer I got a while back off this forum - works fine for me. Good luck.
    Jaym.

5. Default

sorry - not slide, wipe I think. Anyway, try them both.

linear wipe under transitions in the effects palette
    Canon, Edius, Final Cut Studio, Always Progressive, Promotional Video Production