Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slo-Mo in the Middle of a clip

Default Slo-Mo in the Middle of a clip

Hi,

Ive been using vegas 7 for some time now but i just cant figure out how to use slo-motion in the middle of a clip. My object here is to start the clip at normal speed , slow it down for a certain part, then return it to normal speed.

any help would be much appreciated.

Blog Entries

Number 2 on THIS thread.

Yeah, I've been having the same problem...except when I slow it down, it slows down too much..I use the mouse to pull the clip over to the minimum amount but it's too slow..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by -DBF- View Post
    Yeah, I've been having the same problem...except when I slow it down, it slows down too much..I use the mouse to pull the clip over to the minimum amount but it's too slow..
    If you expand the track, you'll be able to move the line with more accuracy.

You can ADD Points to the VeloEnvel.

You can FINELY adjust the points:

* UP or DOWN hold the CTRL key while moving the POINT. This keeps movement locked to the VERTICAL pane

* SIDEWAYS hold the ALT key while moving the POINT. This keeps movement locked to the HORIZONTAL pane

While you are adjusting you can see the numerical values too. So, you can now finely tune your velocities! Always a good idea.

Sorry, I'm a noob to video editing so how would i "expand the clip"? I've only had the program for like 7 days now...So, Any help would be appreciated. and Grazie...your response confused me.

Blog Entries

.... how would i "expand the clip"?.....
    No, I wrote expand the track..... i.e. drag the bottom edge of it to make it deeper...

The points Grazie referred to are made by double clicking on the envelope line. Make a few of them and you can control with accuracy where and how the envelope is applied. Follow his instructions - he knows his eggs.

and Grazie...your response confused me.
    NO! The apologies are all mine. I'm real sorry

Follow Turn's instructions to make the TRACK deeper/HIGHER or so you can see more of what's going on. I'm supposing here you have got a Velocity Envelope showing? You can drag the whole envelope up or down and this WILL give you the change of velocity to ALL the event that the envelope is covering. However - and this is the real neato thingy here - you can also, as Turn describes, place POINTS on the envelope that you can grab and pull up or down to "change" the velocity during the duration of the Event. This means you could: Speed up towards the centre, then S l o w D o w n towards the end! And ANY and I mean any combination you wish!!! Sometimes it CAN get real freaky, but it is fun none the less.

And sorry I confused you - not my intention. My enthusiasm for this product gets in front of my ability to string together sentences - sometimes .. . well .. often!!

Wow, I don't have the slightest idea what a "velocity envelope" is...I'm such a noob at video editing...Perhaps you have AIM, or MSN? if so, add me
    AIM: pntballerkid1
    MSN: devinistehbeast@hotmail.com
    How would I get to the velocity envelope...is there a tutorial with pictures anywhere.?

Wow, I don't have the slightest idea what a "velocity envelope" is...I'm such a noob at video editing...

How would I get to the velocity envelope...is there a tutorial with pictures anywhere.?

#1 - Appearing, initially, as a coloured horizontal line, a Velocity Envelope is a way to alter the speed/velocity of an Event over time. You want to speed it up OR slow it down OR, even, go into reverse too! Once you have inserted it - see below - you can "grab" any part of the line and drag it UPWARDS or DOWNWARDS. This will have the effect of UPwards making the Event pass quicker OR DOWNwards making the Event pass slower. OR if you drop below "0" or "Zero" it will go into reverse!

#2 - To insert a VeloEnvel ( Velocity Envelope) in Vegas 7:

a) Select Event, then GO > Toolbar > Insert > Video Envelope > Event Velocity

OR

b) Select Event, Right click on Event and select from drop down menu > Insert/Remove Envelope > Velocity

I'll let you find the KEYSTROKES for Inserting VeloEnvels!

Now once you HAVE this VeloEnvel inserted, you can go ahead and grab it and pull it about, just like a rubber band. Also, right click directly on it and you should get a NEW bunch of commands available to you: Add Point; Linear - Fast - Smooth ( these are ways to finely adjust just HOW the velocity starts & stops).

So now you know WHAT a veloEnvel IS and just HOW to adjust it.

For further sources of info on this subject I suggest you read the Manual and read the Online Help. The Manual is a book covering most and more of what I attempted to explain and the Online Help you can find from within V7 itself. Very useful tools, the Manual and the Online Help. Others here may well direct you somewhere else to other valuable sources of enlightenment.

However, my job here is done.
    Last edited by Grazie; 04-14-2007 at 06:18 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast