Thread: The Hole

Default The Hole

Before anyone else says it - Hoe, Hoe, Hoe! Trialling a very flimsy story line on a self concious gardener. Online Video: The Hole | Veoh Video Network
    Hope you like it, but critisism is always welcome, as sometimes we can all go snow blind and miss the bleedin obvious.

I don't get it.

But I accept that this may just be me...

3. Default

interesting..........

i also didnt get it. however, i liked the pull-zoom effect on the spade handle.... i know there is a name for this effect but i really cant think what it is!

was this piece for anything in particular or just for fun?

Blog Entries

Contra-zoom, Koma, although everyone calls it something different. "Hitchcock effect" "Vertigo shot" "Jaws zoom" but the technical tern is a contra zoom.

Technically it was very good but I admit I'm also a bit confused. I got the idea that there was "something" trying to get out from under the lawn (really well done) but I lost the plot at the end.

Cheers for watching guys - This piece was done for a video competition - make a video based on a topic e.g. 'the hole'. It's gone out to different comps under various guises, but the plot remains the same. Something laughing under the grass - the furious'digger' finds he's the only fool in the garden.
    I had time to play with the dolly for the contra- zoom (thanks guru, never could remember the correct term) and the cam crane, plus a bit of green screen - though the overscan shows on the webclip.
    The edit was the easy bit, the filming took a full day. The things we do for love!

Blog Entries

I have to say I like the way it was shot and edited. Confused the hell out of me though.... and still does, even after you've explained it!

Thanks for that Andy! - My take on life is a strange one anyway, maybe it's because I think sideways!?*

How Did you do that thing where everything goes blurry apart from the spade? can you do it on sony vegas? it looks really cool

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by beesedageese View Post
    How Did you do that thing where everything goes blurry apart from the spade? can you do it on sony vegas? it looks really cool
    That can be done fairly easily in Vegas using the masking tool.

See THIS thread for a few tips.
    Last edited by Andy Lockwood; 04-12-2007 at 08:21 PM.