Thread: 35mm adaptors - info.

Blog Entries

Default 35mm adaptors - info.

I noticed one for sale on the forum. Every now and again I think about getting one of these but as I know nothing about them I thought I would seek info from others.

They appear to produce amazing results but what are the down sides, anyone got any reccomendations.

Check out the video clips on this site - WOW !

Go35Pro Director's Finder -- Cinelens Adapter for DV and HDV

Don't know anything about them but the results are stunning (watch the demos from the guy who's selling), the DOF is as close to cinematography as you would ever get. Hmmmmm I might have to look at these myself.
    ggmabaapbnebtrbatst

The down side of having a 35mm adapter is that you tend to need more lighting than your normal stock lens. But then all good films are lighted . The good side of it is that you can get D.O.F like a film camera. I've tried two 35mm adapters types.A Static & a spinner type adapter.

The spinner are very heavy and they tend to be loud( because of the motor) So it is not suitable for "gun & go" situations and where you need to record the sound with your camera's on board mic.Best use when it is on a tripod.
    But spinners feed on alot of battries. so hence the on going cost.And when the battries run out during a shoot, you will see the difference in your footage.

Static types tend to have a little grain in the picture when you close your lens apeture above f5.6. But in most stuitions i use it at 1.4-2.8 ( i have a nikon 50mm F1.4, nikon 35mm F1.8, nikon 85mm f1.8 )

I've tried making one myself. it cost me about 80euros in parts. but the time and efford taken for research and try and error , i don't want to remember.And the final results of it is o.k, but not compareble to the commercial ones.

This are just my 2cents worth

David
    Last edited by taiwee; 04-12-2007 at 10:10 AM.

here is a little test with the go35:

http://www.simspotting.com/Go35%20Test%20320x240.html

Blog Entries

Thanks for the info.