Thread: Adding a Commentary

1. Default Adding a Commentary

I only use Preimier Pro to cut down the unwanted sections of video - a newbie user. However this time I would like to add a commentary over some sections of video.

I have managed to borrow an Olympus DM-20 Digital Voice Recorder, but can you advice the best way to produce the voice sections (.WAV files?) and a simple guide to how to include them.

i.e. I have a PC mike also, but what is best?

Also what happens to the original sound, can that be imxed in with the commentary at the loudest?

Many thanks,

Graham.

Premiere Pro has a voice-over facility built in so I suggest you first try the PC microphone.

It allows you to record sound (which will become an automatic asset in your project) while watching your timeline. Very neat.

You'll then simply need to have your original soundtrack on one channel (or maybe many) and the new voice-over on a different sound channel in your timeline. You can adjust the volume at individual frame level on individual sound layers to your hearts content.

The onme thing I don't think you'll be able to do in Premier Pro alone is to create a DVD wiht a director's commentary alternate soundtrack. You'll need another app (Encore) for that.