Thread: Exporting to DVD in Premiere Pro 2.0 - Cannot burn

Default Exporting to DVD in Premiere Pro 2.0 - Cannot burn

Hello,

I am trying to export to DVD in Premiere Pro 2.0 and I'm having a bit of a problem. My video is a little bit less than an hour in length and I have inserted a DVD-R disc into my burner. The problem is, when I select to export the DVD, the "Burn" option is grayed out. At first I thought that this might be because my movie is too big for the DVD, but I eliminated it down to 30-second file and the Burn option was still grayed out. I have set the DVD chapters and am using an automatic-play DVD with no menu. The folder or ISO options do not work either. The status states that it is ready. The export range and loop playback is also grayed out, as well as the encoding settings, which are set to the following:

NTSC, 720x480, 29.97 non-drop frame [fps], Lower, Quality 5.0
    48 kHz, 16 bit, Stereo, PCM
    CBR, 7.00 [Mbps]

Does anyone know what may be the issue here? I would appreciate any help I could get.

Thanks,

Matt.

"The folder or ISO options do not work either."
    hi, are they grayed out, or just don't work? i had a problem like that in 1.5 (never did work) so i went and got encore 2. now i have ppro2 and it works fine no prob, but it's still faster to go create a project in encore and burn then it is to wait for the painfully slow media encoder in premiere to transcode. i guess if i were you i would try other tools to see if ur os is working with the burner correctly but man all those buttons should be lit up unless premiere can't find a burner, and if it didn't the iso/folder options should work.

I am able to select the folder or ISO options, it's just that the Burn option is still grayed out. Nero appears to work with the burner flawlessly.

Edit: I fixed the problem. It appears that for some reason, I did not have the MPEG-2 codecs to burn to DVD. I have no idea why.
    Last edited by Guybrush; 04-12-2007 at 04:08 AM. Reason: Fixed the problem.