Thread: A gentle interlude

Default A gentle interlude

Having had a look at several videos on here, mine aren't quite in the same short sharp 'wow' category, more 'went there, saw this', but each to their own, I hope

Anyway, here's a little one

http://www.gilliangvideo.co.uk/south...uariumhigh.wmv

Made with Pinnacle Studio 8 and and it's 'stream' compression - wmv high setting, 3.1 mg

Cheers

GillianG
    Win XP, Athlon 1.8, G force 3 T, 1 60gig drive + 1 250 gig, Pinnacle Studio 9 plus mostly, Premiere 6, and Vegas 5 sometimes, Soundforge, Cool Edit.

Blog Entries

Certainly a nice change of pace to the "wow, look at me" videos

Nice choice of music and good cuts. The scroll transition you used may have looked a bit more pro if you'd had a black bar moving horizontally accross the screen seperating the two clips. You might also want to try zooming in on the clips to get rid of the divides in the glass - but the inclusion of the man touching the glass gives a good impression of scale.

On a completely personal note, I'm not keen on using stills in video. But that's just me . Overall, a defeinite thumbs up!

Well done Gillian G. Nice and relaxing and ultimately menacing!

Evil Fish...

I love em. Especialy bathed in soft green light.

tonga

Default evil

That was cool,
    The bit I liked most was when the shark first comes in to the shot, where there's a smaller fish cruising along left then it comes into frame and the music changes and it goes through the whole frame with out the camera following it, thats good.
    And the zoom in to its teeth and its beady little eye go well with the Music too.
    Also the guy who looks like he is reaching out to touch it gives a wierd but good effect of it flying past him.
    Panasonic SD9, Panasonic NVGS-75, Canon MV600i

6. Default

that was cool man

Thank people

Not sure about the black line on the transition, I'd have to see it, and I don't think either of my software does it. Great idea though about zooming in between those bars, I never thought of that. I edited it in Pinnacle, which can't zoom, but Premiere 5 can. I only tend to use Premiere for 'tricky' bits like that, and I haven't delved very deeply yet into what it can do. I got in touch with my video club's expert and he told me how, and although I may not alter this clip - it's been 'finished' quite a while - I am doing something now where it could come in useful.

Cheers

Gillian
    Win XP, Athlon 1.8, G force 3 T, 1 60gig drive + 1 250 gig, Pinnacle Studio 9 plus mostly, Premiere 6, and Vegas 5 sometimes, Soundforge, Cool Edit.