Thread: I'm thinking of getting a Mac!

Default I'm thinking of getting a Mac!

Please redirect this thread if you need to, for there are no categories here for Mac video editing.

OK, so after a lot of thought and cost estimation, I've decided to try and get a Mac computer! I've heard really good things about them, and I hear they make great video editing machines. And since I attend college, I can get an educational discount on a new Mac, too. The one that interests me is the 17-inch-display iMac with 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo proccessing, a GB of ram, a 160GB hard drive, and a Superdrive DVD-writer.

Apple - iMac

It looks pricey, but it looks like it'll be worth it. Also, it already comes with the neccesary stuff I need to get started on editing video the Apple way.

Apple - iLife - iMovie

I've tried out iMovie before in my digital video editing class at school, and I gotta say, it's really cool software! For something that comes free with new computers, it's not that much like Windows Movie Maker, but more like Pinnacle Studio! Though I'll probably be mostly using iMovie in the iLife suite, I know I might also use iPhoto and iDVD for some of my moviemaking (and I'll learn to use GarageBand to make music for my movies, too). Then I'll eventually step up to THIS...

Apple - Final Cut Express HD

Final Cut Pro looks tempting, but Final Cut Express looks like it'll suit my needs for the pro-style video editing.

I will be getting a job soon, so it'll give me some extra money. Then hopefully I can buy the iMac (and eventually Final Cut Express).

Anyone got any tips to help me on this?

Post buy a pills online!!!!?!!

Quote Originally Posted by domodonotr View Post
    Spam doesn't help at all!