Thread: Wideangle on GL2

Default Wideangle on GL2

I'm a newby to the whole game and I have purchased a new Canon GL2. I got a wideangle lens with the GL2 and gave it a try last week. When I started to record with the lens on an error appeared on the screen stating the head was dirty insert the cleaning tape. The camera is brand new and I don't get this message if I remove the wideangle lens...?

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

2. Default

i am looking to get a wide angle lens and a fisheye for my XM2 (UK version of GL2).
    what make of lens is it?

also have you checked the lens for any dirt?

adam

Blog Entries

I cant understand how adding the wa lens would cause this error - are you certain it's not coincidence?

Have you emailed Canon?

Quote Originally Posted by komatoast View Post
    i am looking to get a wide angle lens and a fisheye for my XM2 (UK version of GL2).
    what make of lens is it?

also have you checked the lens for any dirt?

adam
    I don't know the make of hand (I'm at work, lens is at home), but I received it in the kit I bought when I purchased the camera.

As far as dirt... I literally pull the lens out of the box and put it on the camera, it looked really clean to me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    I cant understand how adding the wa lens would cause this error - are you certain it's not coincidence?
    Well as I stated above I took the WA lens out of the box brand new and attached it to the camera. After I received the message on the screen I removed the lens turned the camera back on and I didn't get the message. So I re-installed the WA lens again, turned the camera on and received the same message.

???

I was waiting on some replies here before contacting the manufacturer or the place I purchased the camera. I have only had this camera for less than two weeks.

Thanks!

Default Ahhh haaa!

I figured out what I did wrong, but I'm not sure why it is wrong...? As I said I'm new to the whole game of real videography equipment.

I took the UV filter off and mounted the WA lens, instead of reading the directions and leaving the UV lens on and mounting the WA lens on top of it.

The WA lens is working great!

Thanks!

Blog Entries

Glad to hear all is well - still cant figure what happened tho...???

Default Thanks Mark.

I hear ya. I really don't understand how putting the WA lens under the UV filter would give me that kind of error message. This is a great camera for me and most of the equipment I received in the package is good quality, but I don't think the lenses (WA and Tele) are the highest quality. I'm gonna live with what I have for now and shop around in the future for better quality.

Thanks again for the replies.

Fred