Thread: Simple Problem - Edges Cut off Screen

Default Simple Problem - Edges Cut off Screen

Hello All!

This is my first post here, and I'm a complete noob to video editing. I've created a DVD video in After Effects 7, rendered and saved. Opened final video in Encore DVD 2.0 for final transcoding and menu creation. My problem is that the text on the edges of the video when viewed on the television screen is cut off the screen area. It's a presentation on Real Estate property with local information on the bottom and sides of the video.

Is there a "Letter Box" button for the final export to DVD within Encore DVD? Not only are my videos cut off the screen, but also my menus.

Please help as I have to complete and burn 40 copies in 6 hours.

Best Regards and Thanks for any advise!

(Please note that I have read the majority of posts here in the hopes to finding an answer before reposting on an issue that has already been covered. My apologies in advance if this issue is indeed somewhere on this forum.)
    Last edited by tank172; 03-30-2007 at 04:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tank172 View Post
    Hello All!

This is my first post here, and I'm a complete noob to video editing. I've created a DVD video in After Effects 7, rendered and saved. Opened final video in Encore DVD 2.0 for final transcoding and menu creation. My problem is that the text on the edges of the video when viewed on the television screen is cut off the screen area. It's a presentation on Real Estate property with local information on the bottom and sides of the video.

Is there a "Letter Box" button for the final export to DVD within Encore DVD? Not only are my videos cut off the screen, but also my menus.

Please help as I have to complete and burn 40 copies in 6 hours.

Best Regards and Thanks for any advise!

(Please note that I have read the majority of posts here in the hopes to finding an answer before reposting on an issue that has already been covered. My apologies in advance if this issue is indeed somewhere on this forum.)
    in encore there is an option toi display a border that indicates safe areas. unfortunately, anything placed outside these predesignated areas (about the outsdie 10% of hte image) is not guaranteed to appear when viewed on a tv. You must keep your text inside these boxes to be sure of seeing it properly. I know Premiere also has thesed guides to display and can only presume Ae does as well.