Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to fade effects in?????

Default How to fade effects in?????

Can anyone explain in laymens terms how to make an effect fade in and out, i have done it before but havnt used vegas6 for nearly a year and this is all i am stuck on, i can make effects work in a clip but cannot make them fade in or out.
    How do you get the little line thingy to appear wich looks like the velocity and or volume envelopes.

PLEASE HELP AS I AM GONA TRASH MY PC......

drag a transition to the end and start points of the clips

Roll your cursor over either the leading edge OR the end of the Event and your cursor should change to a quadrant "Fade" shape. Drag this inwards and you have created an offset/fade. You can use this on video and audio. I use it all the time to fade IN from black or . . fade OUT to black. Now, if you don't like the fade you can select another transition Fx. But remember if you should then push or pull this leading edge OVER another EVENT, that transition will still survive! If you don't want it, you have to remove it.

Still no joy, its so frustrating,say im using sony light rays on intense and i want it to fade in using that little line thingy, i just cant get the adjuster line to appear.
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh
    I can fade everything else in but effects are either on or off, theres nothing in the sony help or online about it, its been a week now and i think im going insane
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by eggbutearth; 03-30-2007 at 08:17 AM.

Ah! You want to bring-up an Fx?!? Yes?

Why not use the Keyframe timeline? This will bring-up the Fx. I haven't heard of the term "fade-in" used in conjunction with an Fx? But I have and use Keyframes for activating fxs over-time?

Don't trash your PC!! Let's get you going, huh? - For that you WILL need your PC! I've learnt that much! LOL!

Blog Entries

The way I read this you want the effect to start small, get big and go small again?
    If so, you can do it this way. In the timeline of the FX (You'll need to scroll the FX window down looking at your screen grab) you can set keyframes along the FX duration. You can control the position, intensity etc etc at points along that line by inserting a keyframe and changing the settings of the effect.

Hope I'm on the right track for you.

EDIT (Sorry Grazie, I've just realised I basically said what you did!)

Turn - yes. You are spot on. Egg is over at DMN too. He needs to "see" the KF Timeline in the Fx menu. Just given him a way to "see" it.

Andy - no probs!! Egg was over at DMN too.

I know just how opaque Vegas can be sometimes. She IS a shy mistress. But when she "reveals" - boy oh boy!!!

Anyways Eggie? You got going yet?

the easiest way is to get a black background image and overlap with the video clip to get fade to black.

if i am talking out of my rear end then feel free to tell me so !!!

????????????????????

I have no idea??????????

there is no keyframe at the bottom of the effects

i dont think anyone knowes what i want, i wana blend any effect in or out
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by eggbutearth; 03-30-2007 at 11:39 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast