Thread: Differences between Premiere 6.0/6.5 and Pro CS series?

Default Differences between Premiere 6.0/6.5 and Pro CS series?

Are there any major differences between Premiere 6.0/6.5 and the Pro CS series? I have a job teaching film-making to kids at a US summer camp from June and they use the latest Pro CS. I've never used Premiere before, only Final Cut Pro and Sony Vegas, but I have to know what I'm doing for this job. I have access to 6.0 and 6.5 at my university, but if I learn one of these, will I know what I'm doing on CS, as there's no way I can get access to this version!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by josie_bear2003 View Post
    Are there any major differences between Premiere 6.0/6.5 and the Pro CS series? I have a job teaching film-making to kids at a US summer camp from June and they use the latest Pro CS. I've never used Premiere before, only Final Cut Pro and Sony Vegas, but I have to know what I'm doing for this job. I have access to 6.0 and 6.5 at my university, but if I learn one of these, will I know what I'm doing on CS, as there's no way I can get access to this version!

Thanks!
    Plenty of differences. Too numerous to mention. Not least of which is that the Pro version will edit high def and (if I remember correctly) you edit in 6/6.5 using A/B editting modes. These are gone in Pro.

Oh and for th record. Premeire has not been labelled CS until this very week when Premiere Pro CS3 has been announced to replace Premiere Pro v2.

Also, you can familiarise yoursefl with it and how the interface works. Adobe allow download of (I believe) a fully functional 30 day trial of Premiere pro.

Hi, thanks for that. The free trial isn't available on the adobe website at the mo - have already looked! Presumably it's because they're in the middle of releasing the new one? Not sure, but will keep an eye out for it.

Thanks.