Thread: Vegas video 7 problems with VideoFX plugins

Question Vegas video 7 problems with VideoFX plugins

Hi
    Im hoping someone cant help me urgently, im having problems with the VideoFX files within the program vegas 7. Im used to using vegas 4 in the past and never had any problem getting them to work but within the vegas 7 they are there and I can place them on the video track but nothing happens.. Iv tryed installing some other plugins to see if that would fix the problem but they dont work either.. Non of the VideoFX files seem to do anything.. Is there a different way you use them in 7 or are they just not working.

I hope someone can help
    Thank you
    Jane

I have heard of this problem on the Sony forums, not sure of the answer but when I had something similar with the audio plugins I re-booted the program while holding the shift key, it restores V7 back to as it was.

Make sure you hadn't had the FX Bypass engaged. This is one of the Icons on the Preview Window. It is a very useful tool but it's a catch that gets everybody! - If this WAS the reason then there wasn't a need to do the Default reset. But then we wouldn't know - would we?

Anyways, if you do get something similar next time, just check to see if you had the FX Bypass engaged.

Thumbs up Found the problem

Grazie, you found the problem thank you so much. it took me a little while to find how to fix it, but its now working like a dream. Simple to fix when you know how. lolol
    Well my excuse is, im new at this. lol at least that is my excuse and im sticking to it.

Thank you once again for helping me fix the problem. All I have to do know is master Chroma Key and I be happy.

Thanx Jane

You're welcome Jane.

Now that you have "found" the Icon switch, have a go at using some of the options on that switch.

You can use it to "bypass" your Fx for the left or right side of your frame; you can actually PAINT directly onto the Preview window to create a sampling mask to check and see what an Fx does to a part of the screen; you can also supplant an area from a snapshot from ANOTHER part of your video to that point in your movie to check out and compare - very useful in confirming and leveling out colour correction!

Vegas has many MANY virtues. Revealing them takes time!

Not the old EFX bypass switch again, they will rue the day that fitted one of them...

Would be nice if it flashed to warn you.

- "Would be nice if it flashed to warn you."

AH! So you too haven't found the Fx-By-pass-enabled-flash-engage-icon yet either, huh?

. . I wish I had a quid for everytime this got asked! . . Actually, I wish I just had a quid!

Grazie...lol Ohoooooooooooo Fx-By-pass-enabled-flash-engage-icon now where do I find that one......lol gosh I think I need to read up more on vegas 7...lol

Does any one know of any good tutorials on vegas 7 that I could read up on and try out?

Quote Originally Posted by JaneA View Post
    Grazie...lol Ohoooooooooooo Fx-By-pass-enabled-flash-engage-icon now where do I find that one......lol gosh I think I need to read up more on vegas 7...lol

Does any one know of any good tutorials on Vegas 7 that I could read up on and try out?

Jane has figured out my humour - gadzooks!! And for everybody ELSE - there aint no "Fx-By-pass-enabled-flash-engage-icon " ok??? But i really think there should be . . .

As to tutes and so on? For Vegas 7 do a search. I guess more tutes WILL be coming out for Las Vegas NAB '07 week after next - keep your eyes and ears open!

But in the meantime, get yourself linked to Edward Troxel's Newsletters:

www.jetdv.com :: Index

It is a great "How-To" Forum. More focused on "I want to learn more!" rather than "I have a problem" - Jane - enjoy!!

I have DSE's Vegas 5; Gary Kliener's DVDs and SONY's own DVD tutorials. There is a lot of detail in all of it. Having the attention span of a gnat, I prefer DVDs to reading!