Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone using Vegas 7 + DVD with Vista?

Default anyone using Vegas 7 + DVD with Vista?

I'm thinking about buying vegas 7, but it apparently doesn't support Vista. Has anyone tried it on vista and had any serious problems?

Yes. I use it on Vista and,as yet, no problems. I do however have other issues with Vista and I'm heading back to XP Pro

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vegasarian View Post
    Yes. I use it on Vista and,as yet, no problems. I do however have other issues with Vista and I'm heading back to XP Pro
    Do enlighten us... what issues?

Task Manager shows a constant 100% CPU power. The processes all show zero % (Intel Core 2 6600, 2Gb RAM). Problems with Nvidia Drivers. Fujitsu's scanners don't run under Vista, Using the default Search function options to do searches is crap. Hibernation/sleep ‘crash’ issues. Lost all my contacts from live messenger and the programme itself. Can't get Firefox to run smoothly on Vista. There are literally dozens of applications that don’t work properly with Vista. I don’t mean cheapo apps but high-profile programs such as iTunes, disc-burning apps (only the very latest version of Nero will run on Vista), and pretty much anything that has to do with DVD ripping or viewing. And virtually any Java-based app that bundles the Java runtime automatically kicks the desktop back to Vista’s Basic mode………I could go on.

I upgraded to Vista on my slightly aging (about 3 years old, 3 gig processor, 1 gig memory, etc. etc. ) sony vaio desktop, and it seems to work fine. The original soundcard and keyboard didnt work but I successfully replaced them with USB versions. The only problems are the occasional software compatability issues - so far only minor ones.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vegasarian View Post
    ...………I could go on.
    No need... I think we get the picture. So much for "WOW" huh?

Thumbs up Works for me

I'm using vista home premium with an intel viiv duo core 2.13 ghz processor with 2 gig ram and a raid setup and a nvidia 7600gt video card, and vegas works great for me. i had 7.0a and had some rendering problems i updated it to 7.0d and has been working like a charm for me, i have heard problems with itunes also but that also works fine on my machine...

and vegasarian when i bought my nvidia card i had to download vista drivers even though the box said it was compatible it had the wrong drivers included and made my machine restart over and over again.

Thanks for that CERIOUS22.Exactly the same problems here. Vista,IMO, desperately needs SP1. I just built this computer recently and thought it would be interesting to give vista a bit of a 'run-out'. It was an interesting experience!. I'm now back on XP Pro. Glad it works for you tho.

I used Sony Vegas 7c on XP Pro for a while now. Since upgrading to Vista Ultimate I can't seem to get past the Vegas 7a install. I first get a message that there are compatibility problems, I select continue. Then it seems to get caught up while installing Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine. Tells me 3 minutes left but never moves. Tried canceling it about 10 minutes ago, still on the screen "Canceling..."

You guys have any clue whats going on? Thanks for your help!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast