Thread: heres what i got so far...

Default heres what i got so far...

heu its the guy with teh tribute video and this is what i got so far...i still havent figured out to save that video to my computer so i havent added that to my video yet so its not done but here it is:

Good GOD! Dude! remove the picture of the wrecked car and the pic of the newspaper clipping - thats just wrong! Really dude - its a pleasant vid but including those pictures is just crass.

Well.....if they were included to make a point (like, cars/speed kill), then I think they are effective.

The pictures of a boy growing up, contrasted with the suddeness of his death and it's impact on those around him comes across well.

Is this a memorial video with an educational message?

the pictures have to be in there...and its to get the point accross that you should cherish ur life and it happens unexpectadly and i think the video does ok with it but i need that other section of video to really make it any better.

I would add some pan and zoom. try the Ken Burns effect. I think it would add alot.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

The point is people who knew him (i assume this is who you made the video for) will know how he died. Those two photos are in bad taste.

If his family were to see this video it would be far to upsetting for them. The video will be a tear jerker for them but those shots are unecessary. A video like this should not SHOCK people into making them think what would happen if a loved one unexpectadly dies. When people see a memorial video of a child who has died it is already shocking.

The worst fate a parent can live is to outlive their offspring.

including those photos is a bit like rubbing salt in the wound. As i said it would work fine without them.

I had to do a memorial video of my nephew a few years ago. And since then I did another video for a friend who's father died from cancer. So as one who has experience in these types of videos and as a professional I urge you to realise that including those 2 photos would be a bad idea.

Think what would happen if the family saw them. They will already find the video very moving i assure you. They would look on it as a reminder/celebration of their son/brother's life but adding those two photos make it a memory of his death.

No one wants to be foreced into remembering a death, but a life? That is always worth remembering.

Blog Entries

I really must agree 100% with Irishmark on this one... lose those death pictures!

The point of a video tribute is so that people can remember the person, what he was like, the good times etc.

The pictures of the wrecked car and the gravestone are a bit sick, the newspaper clippings unnecessary. The "in memorandum" at the end is okay, as is the park bench but the grave and the wreck.... No.

Blog Entries

Before watching the video, I was set to polietly disagree with Irish on this one; that was until I realised how young the chap was and the context of the video itself. My cousin was unfortunately involved in a fatal car accident, and even though his first passion in life was he always cars, the circumstances surrounding his death meant that including pictures of the car in which he died would not be appropriate.

I can understand why you wanted to include them. When you watch tributes to the famous, you'll inevitably see pictures of the car crash. But that's the macarbre world of celebrity for you.