Thread: 8% Rendering Crash

Default 8% Rendering Crash

Hey guys, i'd like to say thanks in advance for taking a look at my problem.

I'm trying to render a small project, about 1:13, as an 8MBPS .WMV file. It reaches 8%, and then says "Sony Vegas has performed an illegal operation and must close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I have tried this about 10 times, on all different types of .wmv's, but i just cant get it past 8%.

How do I fix this?

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by roper22 View Post
    Hey guys, i'd like to say thanks in advance for taking a look at my problem.

I'm trying to render a small project, about 1:13, as an 8MBPS .WMV file. It reaches 8%, and then says "Sony Vegas has performed an illegal operation and must close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I have tried this about 10 times, on all different types of .wmv's, but i just cant get it past 8%.

How do I fix this?

Thanks again.
    Need to know a tad more.

#1 - What are you render FROM to WMV?

#2 - What content in your region you are rendering? JPGS. PNGS; AVIs just what?

#3 - What WMV Template are you using?

#4 - Are you rendering FROM a completed AVI or are you asking Vegas to render an "unrendered" project?

Y'know, stuff like that!

To me it sounds like a resource handling issue. Not that you DON'T have enough resources, but maybe you are asking Vegas to render TOO much at once. Large definition stills can choke a render. Read the posts here.

Tell me, why 8MBS? You do mean the bit rate? Yes, I'm sure you can, but why?

G

I'm putting together some .AVI files in Vegas and adding effects to them. I then try to render it. If by number 2 you are asking what is in my movie, there are a lot of AVI's and 1 or 2 PNG's on my title screen.

I'm rendering at 8MBPS HD because its the highest quality render, or at least thats what i've come to understand.

Thanks Grazie.

OK.

Have you rendered OUT the project first as a completed AVI?

Blog Entries

Check you temps - probably not that but it caught me once.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    OK.

Have you rendered OUT the project first as a completed AVI?
    I rendered about half of it and it was huge, so should I just do it as a low quality AVI and then make that a .wmv?

You can only get as best quality as your source footage!

If your footage is DV AVI then render it out like that as your final AVI - going any higher is pointless as its a waste of bytes and you will see no improovment of quality.

to coin a phrase- "You cant polish a turd" i.e. if its starts out looking poor it will always look poor.