Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Wierd Video byEtharooni

Default Another Wierd Video byEtharooni

At school, my friend Alan brought is his camera, for the last day of school before spring break, and a tripod. We accidentally found that the tripod makes a really cool First person shooter effect if you put the camera down sideways.

I haven't had time to edit the other videos we took, but this one turned out really good. I synced it to the music (I think) quite nicely.

Here tis:

Here is a link to the actual video file:

http://uploader.polorix.net//files/129/final_sound.mov

Here is a screenshot of my Vegas stage, where I did all of the editing and compositing. I also used flash for making the barrel (tripod leg) overlap the fire.

Last edited by etharooni; 03-25-2007 at 02:02 AM.
    -Ethan

Default Thumbs up

The smoke is a bit weird. Guns don't actually make those kinds of things. Maybe you should have kept just a 1 frame flash, but what do I know. (First post, after all)

I think the effect itself is pretty wicked although the zombies aren't very good at doing what they do. One kid, in particular, gave a very wolfenstein'y feel to the video. Walking at you sideways. The last one, in the red shirt, I laughed, is what I did.

Making videos is usually far more fun that watching, but this was rather entertaining. You get

(a jolly fat man and a balloon out of 11)

(that's about here -> ( ) on my scale of awesomeness, which isn't represented anywhere)
    Last edited by Grim; 03-25-2007 at 11:19 PM.

needs blood splatters

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    The smoke is a bit weird. Guns don't actually make those kinds of things. Maybe you should have kept just a 1 frame flash, but what do I know. (First post, after all)

I think the effect itself is pretty wicked although the zombies aren't very good at doing what they do. One kid, in particular, gave a very wolfenstein'y feel to the video. Walking at you sideways. The last one, in the red shirt, I laughed, is what I did.

Making videos is usually far more fun that watching, but this was rather entertaining. You get

(a jolly fat man and a balloon out of 11)

(that's about here -> ( ) on my scale of awesomeness, which isn't represented anywhere)
    Um... Interesting response. um. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by irishmark View Post
    needs blood splatters
    That is a good idea. I will get working on it right away.
    -Ethan

Here is my blood splatter one. I sort of made it in 10 minutes, it may not be that good, and it doesn't have the oozing sound of blood.

http://uploader.polorix.net//files/129/final_blood.mov
    -Ethan

Sorry for the triple post but, since nobody responded, I made a google video version:
    -Ethan

Hello? any crits? do I get judged on my bloody mess of a movie? did you like it? Oh come on people, I posted this almost 2 days ago. I expect a response. I wanna hear about my movie. Maybe it is just that I am getting used to the blender forum, where there is 23,064 users
    Last edited by etharooni; 03-29-2007 at 05:57 AM.
    -Ethan

Please tell me how you do these effects?

add me on msn heydude48@hotmail.com

thanks

Marcus

i like the creative use of a tripod!

not a bad effort, one thing that to say is the colours are a bit out (the red is a bit too bright for blood) and you could scale it a bit better (larger splats for the closer targets).

Enjoyed it though!

Sorry, I haven't had much time to reply to you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by marman View Post
    Please tell me how you do these effects?

add me on msn heydude48@hotmail.com

thanks

Marcus
    Sorry, I don't want to email you anything and I don't want to instant message you on MSN messenger. I don't have it anyway. Here is a tutorial though. Sorry, I had trouble syncing it to the audio, but hopefully you learn something

Quote Originally Posted by MOSH View Post
    i like the creative use of a tripod!

not a bad effort, one thing that to say is the colours are a bit out (the red is a bit too bright for blood) and you could scale it a bit better (larger splats for the closer targets).

Enjoyed it though!
    Thank you. I accidentally found out that the tripod looks that way, because my friend and I were recording a movie, and the camera sort of fell because the tripod was loose. Alan then thought that it looked like a video game, so we played around with it.

The colors are a little weird. I only made it in 10 minutes, so it wasn't supposed to look to realistic. That would be a little scary. I would change the scaling if I still had my vegas file. I accidentally deleted it. (Lets just say I thought I was copying instead of cutting it.)
    -Ethan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast