Thread: Hardcore Rambling (hiking)

Smile Hardcore Rambling (hiking)

We thought some people might like to see some video's myself and my girlfriend made whilst walking in the Yorkshire Dales.

First Vid

HARDCORE RAMBLING Part 1 - Google Video

Second Vid

HARDCORE RAMBLING Part 2 - Indiana Bolton Abbey - Google Video

Third Vid

HARDCORE RAMBLING - Part 3 - Scarface - Google Video

It may even give you some inspiration to make your own video's or maybe visit the superb locations we went to. Tell us what you think.
    Last edited by HARDCORE_RAMBLER; 03-24-2007 at 04:49 PM.

I only seen the first 2 min so I don't know if it got any better. What I did see was painfull to watch. No offence but the camara and audio work was horrible. Keep practicing and it will get better.

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

Blog Entries

Sorry Hardcore but your video is simply awful.

The sound is dire, camerawork poor and editing non-existant. It is also really boring. Take time to look at the video yourself with an objective eye. After seven minutes of two people walking across a field I gave up.

The sound was actually painfull to listen to and the camerawork made me seasick! As a private video of you and your wife/girlfriend walking across fields it's worth keeping so that you can look back in your old age and remember how boring this day was.
    The point of a video is to entertain or inform (preferably both) and "Hardcore Rambling" did neither.

I'm really sorry to be so negative but... I honestly can't think of anything positive to say. Please don't take this to heart, please think about your audience and try ways to entertain us...

Blog Entries

The essence of this particular part of the forum is to offer up your work for critique. Unlike YouTube which acts as merely a medium of exchange, posting videos here acts as a way of improving your skills to make a 'watchable' video.

Making a 'home movie' watchable to people not intimately involved doesn't come easy to most, but if you want to share your videos it's something you should learn.

Like the others i only watched about the first half of the first film. As the others say camera work and sound were the worst i have seen for a long time.
    This is a home movie, which obviously means alot to you, but to a nuetral audiance means nothing. You need to learn how to capture the crowd and then keep them interested. Don't look at your film as a visual memory look at it as if you have never seen it before and you have no conection to it at all. This will make you more objective with your editing.
    If its your first film then welcome to the long road of learning how to edit film. And believe me the road never ends

DUDE were's my car

i kinda knew the feedback wouldn't be great as the quality of the sound, camera work and editing is poor. Plus i know the content was going to be boring for anybody other than me and the girlfriend. nearly as bad as a slide show on stamps

Most importantly i would like to thank you for your frank critism. It's only when others point out your mistakes that you can really move forward.

Blog Entries

Good man!

Welcome to Videoforums! I know how difficult it is to accept criticism (I have been known to unscrew the testicles of editors who have dissed my work) so I'm really impressed at your open answer.

Please, please keep on making videos and, hopefully, improving. After your reply, I look forward to your next production.