Thread: Vegas 6 and Soundforge 5

Default Vegas 6 and Soundforge 5

Hi there,

I have Vegas 6 and Soundforge 5 and I am using a Sony Handycam DCR- HC23 video camera.

When I try to load the audio from my Vegas application into Soundforge to clean it up, I get a message telling me that the "file type is not recognised". Right clicking on the audio track and selecting "properties" tells me that the audio file is a WMA 9.2, 44100hz and 16 bit.

The Soundforge drop down menus suggest that it will WMA files, but obvously it won't work. So are WMA 9.2 files too advanced for Soundforge 5 or am I doing something wrong somewhere?

I have managed to find a free file convertor on the web and convert the audio to WAV files. I can then clean them up in Soundforge and drop them back into Vegas, but this is obviously a messy process I would rather avoid.

Is there anyway around this, other than buying a newer version of Soundforge (assuming that this is the reason for the failure to open the files therein)?

Thanks

WAL

Vega & soundforge are the same family - you should have all the tools u need to clean up the audio in vegas

I think it is a quirk within Soundforge Forge 5 which is simply not advanced enough to read the latest WMA files.

I actually found the answer last night. It's not ideal, but it works. Rendering the audio file as a WAV file in Vegas allowed me to open it in Soundforge, doctor it and shunt it back.

Regards

WAL

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by irishmark View Post
    you should have all the tools u need to clean up the audio in vegas
    Have to agree with Mark here..... whats lacking in Vegas? There's a great tool set included....