Thread: slow motion a/v sync

Default slow motion a/v sync

I am having some issues with slow motion. I read through the faq on slow motion and I understand how to stretch a whole clip slowing down both audio and video. I also understand how to use the velocity envelope to slow down the clip.

What I am trying to figure out though is how to slow down the audio when using the velocity envelopes. I tried grouping, didnt do anything, the audio alway stays the same. Only way I can get the audio to slow or speed up with the video is by messing with the whole clip. All I want to do is slow down a section of the clip along with the audio.

I am on vegas 6 btw.

Hi,

Here are a couple of screencasts that might help.

Controlling Volume Levels Through an Audio Track

Well I am looking at slowing down the audio with the velocity envelopes, not just turning it down. Is that possible or will that require a lot of cutting sections out?

Hi,

Sorry, didn't give you correct answer.

To slow down or speed up a video and audio clip I would split the section you want to edit and hold down Ctrl whilst your curser is over the end of clip and drag it back to speed up and forward to slow down.

Hope this is what you're after.

The velocity key does not effect the audio speed unfortunately, you can use the + (plus) and - (minus) to change the pitch of the audio giving the impression of speeding as per above idea.

Quote Originally Posted by gord View Post
    Hi,

Sorry, didn't give you correct answer.

To slow down or speed up a video and audio clip I would split the section you want to edit and hold down Ctrl whilst your curser is over the end of clip and drag it back to speed up and forward to slow down.

Hope this is what you're after.
    Ya thats the way I do it right now, just didnt know if there was a trick with the velocity envelopes to sync the speed. I prefer the velocity tool just because of its smoother transitioning, but I also liek to slow the audio at the same time.