Thread: Edit audio NOT video in Vegas Platinum 7.0a

Default Edit audio NOT video in Vegas Platinum 7.0a

Hi,

This seems like a simple question, but I could not find it in the programs help section or in this forum.

I am rather new at this. I have imported multiple video clips from my digital camera and am editing a movie. I am setting it to music.

I only want the audio in specific spots, and I want to delete the rest of the audio that imports with the video.

When I import the video clips from my hard drives, the time line shows the video in the "text" section and the audio in the "voice" section. The song is in the "music" section.

When I select the voice tract and split out the section I want to delete, it also splits the video/text section. When I delete the split voice section, it also deletes the video/text. Here is the question: How can I cut out clips from the voice section without cutting out the corresponding video/text section?

Grr..arrgh..Thanks for any tips.

you need to un-link the audio and video, which I believe you can do, then just delete the audio or video bits not required.

or if you grab the top of the audio clip and drag it down it will reduce the volume down to zero or press V and you can use the rubber banding methods

you need to un-link the audio and video
    Do you know how to unlink them?

if you grab the top of the audio clip and drag it down it will reduce the volume down to zero or press V and you can use the rubber banding methods
    Ahh...That works!! Thank you so much. I just split the video around all the audio I want to reduce the volume and used the rubber banding method. However, I still would like to know how to unlink the audio and video for the future.

Thank you so much for your quick reply. It was nice to be able to proceed with my project.

Had a look at Studio 4 and after I split a clip I highlighted the audio and pressed delete to remove it form the time line.

Pressing "U" allows you separate the video from the audio.