Thread: Possible virus on your site?

1. Default Possible virus on your site?

When I open this forum my Avast anti-virus goes crazy saying there is a virus or trojan downloading. It is this following address with an HTTP in front of it, removed for obvious reasons. "\Counter.class"
    Avast says it is a 'JS:Classloader-6' virus and it tries loads a .wmf file.
    Last edited by Evereddie; 03-19-2007 at 01:34 PM. Reason: clarify

2. Default

I can see the script for this in the very first line of code on every page it looks like. Is it a counter gone mad. It tries to open my picture and fax viewer program.

<iframe src="" width=1 height=1></iframe><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "">
    Last edited by Evereddie; 03-16-2007 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Changed link to trojan so it can't be accidentally accessed.

3. Default

Same problem. It tells me Norton has found a Trojan Horse on the computer (worse is it cannot delete/repair the file). Hopefully no big deal tho..

Blog Entries

Norton's message is slightly misleading, what it's saying is that someone was trying to insert a trojan onto the computer and Norton couldn't work around it. If you do a virus check on your machine (and your Norton's up to date) you'll see that Norton did block it and you've got nothing to worry about.
    Those without any internet security software (hopefully nobody nowadays) should check their system in case the trojan got though.

The problem's now been sorted by the Webmaster.
    Last edited by Rembrandt Rob; 03-17-2007 at 01:13 PM.

5. Default

i use avast and dont get this problem. maybe its a virus you have picked up from somewhere and is activated when the site is opened?

6. Default

There was a real problem and I posted the code above, maybe you didn't see it. The issues were sorted out overnight. See this:
    The problem's now been sorted by the Webmaster.

Yup, was a real problem, but Norton prevented the download.
    I try to make someone happy every day - but it may not be your turn today . . .