Thread: Does Vista work with Pinnacle?

1. Default Does Vista work with Pinnacle?

I am buying a computer just to use editing video and creating phot slide shows but note that they all appear to be loaded with Vista. Having read a large number of adverse comments about vista in regards to editing video this worries me. I am also not impressed that one has to have a new copy of vista for every computer.
    So, does Vista run well with Pinnacle and if not are there any verifiable examples of this?

Quote Originally Posted by BML View Post
    I am buying a computer just to use editing video and creating phot slide shows but note that they all appear to be loaded with Vista. Having read a large number of adverse comments about vista in regards to editing video this worries me. I am also not impressed that one has to have a new copy of vista for every computer.
    So, does Vista run well with Pinnacle and if not are there any verifiable examples of this?
    If you are refering to Pinnacle studio, there is a patch which makes it compatible with vista, their smart messeging system will automaticly inform you that it can be downloaded.
    That's what Pinnacle says...Taken into consideration that their software won't run properly on many XP computers I hardly believe that Vista will make any difference... The problem with vista is that many suppliers need to update their drivers and make patches in order to make their software work flawless on Vista, in that way Vista is at this moment not ready yet to be taken seriously. I saw this add from apple recently: http://images.apple.com/movies/us/ap...ty_480x376.mov
    which was hilarious, those guys from apple know exactly where it hurts most.

Quote Originally Posted by noa View Post
    If you are refering to Pinnacle studio, there is a patch which makes it compatible with vista, their smart messeging system will automaticly inform you that it can be downloaded.
    That's what Pinnacle says...Taken into consideration that their software won't run properly on many XP computers I hardly believe that Vista will make any difference... The problem with vista is that many suppliers need to update their drivers and make patches in order to make their software work flawless on Vista, in that way Vista is at this moment not ready yet to be taken seriously. I saw this add from apple recently: http://images.apple.com/movies/us/ap...ty_480x376.mov
    which was hilarious, those guys from apple know exactly where it hurts most.

Studio 9 was not that bad but did tend to crash a few times right at the wrong time, i found that after boosting my ram it was better.

I still have the old Studio Version 8, but I guess there's no way I could ever run this on a Vista machine?? I can of course get the latest version 11, so I can access my old projects, however I'm torn over getting Corel instead as it gets much better reviews...but I won't be able to get into my old projects...dilemma!!